FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Department of Educational Psychology
Focus | Educating children with neurodevelopmental learning needs
The symposium in September will focus on educating children in Southern Africa who present with neurodevelopmental learning needs.
- Invited keynote speakers will debate the challenges inherent in inclusive, special needs and disability education.
- Round table and plenary discussions will allow networking with researchers, teachers, educators, psychologists, para-professionals and organisations for people with disabilities.
- Pertinent research on supporting and educating learners will be highlighted.
- Poster presentations will focus on Intellectual Disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Specific Learning Difficulties, and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
- Practical skills workshops will cover topics such as teaching basic concepts; managing social and behavioural challenges; and care for learners’ emotional well-being.
The symposium will take place from the 26th to the 28th of September 2019 and will be hosted at STH on the University of Johannesburg Bunting Road Campus.
Each of the 3 days will be targeted at individual specialist industries, for this reason, if you wish to attend the symposium you will need to request an invite to register. Please complete the form below to reguest this invite
- 26 September 2019 – Invitation Only
- 27 September 2019 – Educational Psychologists
- 28 September 2019 – Teachers
Stucture of each day